Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wow!!! What a day. Today we blessed Xander and then had a lunch after with our Family at mom Terry's house. He was sooooo Cute. We got him a little tux with tails. I just couldn't resist it!! Dan gave a wonderful beautiful blessing and Mom Terry was quick enough to write most of it down so I have it to put in his baby book. We both bore our testimonies during the meeting and I must admit I got a little teary eyed. I just love my two adorable, precious children. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be a mother of such beautiful children. They teach me so much. As much as those teaching experiences drive me crazy sometimes, I truly am grateful for them. I count my blessings every day for the wonderful family I have. I was raised by amazing loving parents who I love and appreciate so much. I was also fortunate enough to marry into an amazing family as well. I love all my in-laws. I sure have adopted some amazing supportive brothers and the coolest sister-in-law in the world. I'm so glad we get along and can hang out together. I am truly blessed. We had a lot of fun visiting with all of our family at a lunch. They were kind enough to host the little get together since we don't have a place big enough to accommodate everyone. When Addi was blessed we did the lunch at my parents house and so we figured we would give them a break this time. Besides. I thought my niece and nephew (Ella and Coleman) would be much more comfortable playing in an environment that was familiar to them. We had a blast. Aunt Aileen and Thomas had a whipped cream fight and that was pretty entertaining to see. I only got to see the pictures that were taken and then the end result cause I was busy nursing Xander at the time but I'm going to post some pics. It was a memorable fight. Thomas got his butt kicked! After we relaxed a little at mom's and cleaned up the lunch we went over to visit uncle Steve and Aunt Lesa to see the house they just bought. We are so happy for them! Now. I was going to share my faith building experience that taught me patience. When we were trying to get pregnant for the first time we had a hard time. It took us about a year before we finally were pregnant with Addi. I remember getting soooooo frustrated every single week. I remember getting mad at the Lord and then finally coming to the "I just don't care" stage. At this point I decided that if I couldn't get pregnant I would make life better for my self and have as much fun as I could and stop worrying about it. So. Dan and I decided that we were in the perfect situation to go to France and visit his mission. We had a lot of money saved so we decided to go ahead and go. Well. We went and I thought it would be awesome to find out we were pregnant in France. Well no such luck. I was about 5 days late but I started my period on the Eiffel Tour the second to the last day we were there. I was sooooo mad! I hated that every month my period would come later and later. When we got home I decided that my job working for Cintas (a uniform rental company) as a customer service agent was way too stressful and they weren't paying me what I was worth so I decided it was time to find a job. I got a job about a month after we got back that payed about 3 dollars and hour more and the atmosphere was soooo much better and more relaxed. Well. I know the Lord as impeccable timing. I found out I was pregnant the day I quite my job and accepted the new one. I was able to keep working until I delivered because it was so low stress. It was perfect and my boss was extremely understanding. So. I got a awesome job that paid more and allowed us to save more and I was able to go see France before we had a baby. Had I gotten pregnant any earlier I would have missed out on so many blessings. We were also blessed to meet a wonderful couple that was having a much harder time than we were. They had been trying 7 years to have a baby and when they finally got pregnant with their son Chad, after several miscarriages, we were so excited for them, but so sad when she gave birth at 25 weeks. He lived for 5 days before returning home to our heavenly father. It was so heart breaking to watch them go through it but she had such faith and was always so positive. The Lord blessed us with some amazing friends who taught us a lot and made us grateful for all that we had and that we weren't going through all that horrible heartache. So I look to this experience as I deal with the trial of not being able to find a house right now and say, the Lord has perfect timing and I just need to be patient and do my part. I know it will happen sometime and when it does it will be amazing. I keep telling my self that the longer I'm here the more we can save and the nicer we can afford. So for now we just play the waiting game and try to do that waiting as patiently as possible.

No comments: