Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ok. So I've been a bit a of a slacker but at least it hasn't been a year. I said I'd update on the freezer and I'm just now getting around to that. Well. When I called back after the tech came out and recorded that the hole was made by the tech, things finally got moving. This time I didn't have to argue with anyone and my hold time wasn't too bad either. They just said that they would replace it and it would be delivered on Friday, and they would take the old one. Well. That is what happened. However I had to take the railing off the staircase in order for them to get it down the stairs. It wasn't too hard though. I was so relieved that the fight was finally over. It sure took up a lot of my time and I'm sure caused a huge spike in my blood pressure.
I spent all day Monday getting the fall cleaning done. I calculated and I'd spent about 13-14 hours cleaning. But I'm glad I don't have to do it again till spring :) I dusted all the blinds and vacuumed around all the baseboards and under all the furniture, cleaned out everyone's closets and dressers and cleaned the bathrooms and mopped. It sure took a long time and my back was killing me when I was done. The funny thing is that I kept going cause I knew if I stopped my back would hurt. As long as I was moving I felt fine.
Next week I get to ease up on the Chiropractic visits. I hate going. I hate hearing my body snap and I hate the inconvenience of having to go every other day. At least I met the deductible and it is only 12 bucks. That sure was a blessing.
I can't wait for Halloween. I'm so excited to dress the kids up and take them trick-or-treating. I just hope that the weather cooperates. I'm glad I bought Old Navy fleece costumes. At least I can bundle them up under them and they won't cover up their costumes.
Now. For an update on the kids. Addi is so excited for her school Halloween party. She really wanted to go out and play in the snow today but I don't have any winter stuff that fits so we are going to have to take a trip next week and get some things for winter. I watched her put her brother in time out the other day. It was kinda funny. She did it exactly the same way we put her in time out. Make her sit in the corner (sometimes it works sometimes she has to go to her room cause she won't stay in the corner) and then when she let him out she asked "why did you get put in time out" Then she answers for him. Then she asks "are you gonna do it again ... No? Ok. You can come out now." I had to remind her that I'm the mom and I do the putting in time out. She just realized how to play the wii mario kart game (with a little help from mom). she knows how to hold the go button down and I'll sit and drive with her. She loves to play dress up with mom or dad. the other day Xander and Addi and I all dressed up and ran circles around the island in the kitchen. They had a blast and I got worn out pretty quick. They still LOVE to play hide and seek but mostly they love when I pop out and scare them. She has been a bit better lately about not being intentionally naughty. She is learning sooooo much. Preschool was just what she needed to keep her busy. Lately she has been learning the days of the week at school and so Dan has been teaching her the days of the week in French. I'm amazed at what a good teacher he is and how well Addi responds to him. I got her to perform on Camera so here are her days of the week in French.

Addi just being Addi
As I was driving today Addi just kept making me laugh. First we are stopped at a light in front of a house that ha no Halloween decorations at all but has an old wood door that has the paint peeling. She looks over and goes "Well that house is pretty spooky!" I asked her white and she matter of factly says "Cause of the door Mom!" Then just up the road she sees people advertising for Mr. Snelgrove. She asked what they were doing and I told her they were trying to get people to vote for Mr. Snelgrove. Immediately after she goes "Does that make your heart hurt?" I have no idea why or where that came from. The best was as we were waiting in the car up at the U to pick Dan up. She looks out the window and says..." Mom, there is a lot of old people here. Lets go." Sometimes she just makes me giggle. It is a good things cause most of the time she just makes me growl.
Xander has been fun lately with all his new words but he has also been learning how to be quite the brat. I think he has hit the terrible twos early. Just in the last week he has learned how to say "No" to me. I'll ask him to do something and he just says "no" and refuses to move. He has also started hitting a lot. I'm having a problem getting him to stop. He says sorry and gets a time out when he does it but he just keeps doing it. I've even tried tapping him back to show that it isn't nice but he just doesn't care. I guess the concept of getting in trouble for hitting is gonna take a while to make sense to him. I think he has been cranky cause he is still working on 6 more teeth. He also is starting with a cold or has an ear infection. We will see on Friday. I have an appointment to get the ear checked out. If it isn't the ear then I guess he has a cold. Poor guy. I hope he feels better by Saturday so we can all go trick-or-treating. I thought I'd try and get Xander on camera saying a few things and he was quite cooperative. We have three short videos of him for your viewing pleasure.






I hope to get some Halloween photos up here after we carve our pumpkins. Tradition is to have them both sit next to the pumpkin in their costume. I forgot to mention earlier that Xander is a HUGE fan of cheese and bananas. He can finish a banana in like .25 seconds. He barely even chews. Last weekend we weren't watching very closely when we were making lunch and he got a hold of a brick of cheese. Here are the results.


Xander and the cheese with his teeth marks
Xander the banana man.
I took him in today cause I thought he might have an ear infection. He was pulling at his right ear yesterday and so I looked, there was a ton of wax. I pulled out as much as I could see and then yesterday he started sneezing later on in the day. This morning he was all stuffy so I took him in and the doc said that in that ear he couldn't even see in past all the ear wax. I was shocked there was a ton that was still in there. He checked it after he got it all out and there was no infection. I guess he just gets to have a cold for Halloween. I'm so sad. I hope he feels well enough to go out for a little while on Saturday.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Grandbabies are the BEST!! They are so much fun!!! Love you Addi and Xander! Love you Katie & Dan...you two are awesome parents!

Ashley said...

Found your blog! Love the pictures of Xander eating everything.