Sunday, October 17, 2010

So. I'm pretty sure I got hit by a mack truck. I'm so incredibly sore. I had my first visit to a chripractor and I feel complete validated in being terrified of them. I can't stand the sound of cracking bones. Even as a kid I hated it when people would pop their necks or crack their nuckles. I went in on Friday and, while waiting with a heating pad on one of their fancy beds, listened to him crack 2 other patients' necks. I started getting really freaked out, the cold sweat started and I felt sick to my stomach. UGH! I had some Xrays taken of my neck and he told me that I had 3 ribs out, 5 vertebrae in my neck out and 2 more in my lower back (it was bad enough he said there was swelling in the lower back) So. After several snap, crackle and pops I felt relief for a second, but by the time I got to the car I felt even worse. I ended up back in Saturday morning and for the next 2 weeks I have to go in 3 times a week. It is a darn good thing that I met my deductible so each visit is only 12 bucks, and he said he should have the problem solved by the end of the year. When I went in on Saturday he showed me the Xrays and my head is not siting on my neck straight. It is kind of angled off to the side. He also showed me that most people's necks kinda curve forward at the top, or base of the skull. Mine is straight and is starting to curve the wrong way. Hence the reason for all the numbness in my arms and headaches all the time. I can't wait to get back to the gym and to normal life. I hate being in so much pain all the time. Every time I wake up my neck and shoulders are killing me. I couldn't even get out of bed to go to church this morning cause I hurt so bad. My fabulous husband was great and took care of a lot today so I could relax. We even got to go to my mom's and dad's for a double birthday party for my sister Annie and my sister-in-law Kristen this evening, which included dinner :) They are the same age and exactly a week apart.
Xander and Addi have been keeping me busy. Addi, for some unexplained reason, has been throughing the most horrible tantrums. She doesn't stay in the corner for time out and thinks it is a game to have mom chase her around and put her back in. So. Mom is very smart (or i'd like to think so any way) and figured out that she hates being confined to any area. So. I took the locking knob off my bathroom door (we have one on the bedroom door so we just keep people out with that one) and I put it on her bedroom door with the locking side out. Now when she is naughty I lock her in. The bad part is that she will lay down and kick the door as hard as she can until I come in and put her on her bed or spank her butt. I haven't quite figured out how to solve this problem so suggestions are welcome. Most of the time just threatening to lock the door will keep her in there but when she is super defiant she just keeps throwing her fit and leaving her room before time out is up.
Xander has been making us laugh and keeping us running. He just started saying "go" the other day. I was telling Addi "ready.... set...." and then all of a sudden Xander goes "GO!" It so stinkin cute how he puckers up his lips for the "O" part. I think he is teething though so he has been throwin a lot of irrational tantrums lately too. He has been eating like carzy too! The kid is ALWAYS hungry!
We had my sister-in-law, Shannon, take our family photos last night. It was fun but frustrating at the same time cause Xander was just not going to cooperate and then Addi decided to be rambunctious too. I'm hoping we got some good shots though. Shannon's husband Dave was using another camera and shot some pics too so between the two I think they got over 400 pics. I'm sure we will find a couple that work just fine. I'm just glad that the hunt for outfits is over and I don't have to worry about it for another year. I will be posting pics as soon as we edit and pick them. I can't wait to see how they turned out. Shannon did them last year and they were fantastic! I strongly recommend her for any photo needs. She is just beginning so she could use the practice too :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

If you need a break from the kiddos while you recuperate, send them over here!